"If there’s a world here in a hundred years, it’s going to be saved by tens of millions of little things. The powers-that-be can break up any big thing they want. They can corrupt it or co-opt it from the inside, or they can attack it from the outside. But what are they going to do about 10 million little things? They break up two of them, and three more like them spring up!"
- Pete Seeger, in YES! Magazine

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

College Student Care Package

The project:
Build a care package of (mostly) health foods for a college student.

Time:
~30 minutes

Why bother?
I used to love receiving care packages when I was a student. It really didn't matter WHAT was inside. It really was the thought that counted. Then again, as a "starving student," WHAT was inside was always welcomed warmly by me and my roommates as well. Now my cousin is living la vida colegia, and I hope to bring her some of her favorite foods from California to warm her heart and fill her tummy.

Worth it?
Absolutely. This recipient never fails to let me know she's received her boxes, or even mail a hand-written note. (Yes! GASP....SNAIL MAIL!) So I get the feeling she's enjoying my efforts as much as I enjoyed making them for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a free country. Exercise your right to free speech here -->