"If there’s a world here in a hundred years, it’s going to be saved by tens of millions of little things. The powers-that-be can break up any big thing they want. They can corrupt it or co-opt it from the inside, or they can attack it from the outside. But what are they going to do about 10 million little things? They break up two of them, and three more like them spring up!"
- Pete Seeger, in YES! Magazine

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sharing Professional Skills for Free

The project:
Respond to parents' requests for photos after yesterday's soccer game.

Time:
40 minutes

Why bother?
A lot of my volunteer projects this year have been one-time deals, in large part because I find it difficult to commit to a regular schedule of appearances at this point in my life. My schedule flexes around my children's activity schedule, husband's work schedule and my random activities. This project seems to have stuck since beginning a few weeks back.

Worth it?
Absolutely rewarding! Parents (and grandparents) tell me they're very happy to have action shots of the kids. The fact that they're free doesn't hurt, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a free country. Exercise your right to free speech here -->