"If there’s a world here in a hundred years, it’s going to be saved by tens of millions of little things. The powers-that-be can break up any big thing they want. They can corrupt it or co-opt it from the inside, or they can attack it from the outside. But what are they going to do about 10 million little things? They break up two of them, and three more like them spring up!"
- Pete Seeger, in YES! Magazine

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Grocery Cart Collection

Note: We're taking our Charitable Deeds project on the road next week. Probably won't have internet access, but I promise to keep track and catch up when we return to civilization.

Doing one deed a day seems like a piece of cake when I'm out and about. I see I do more than one; easily more than one. I guess that's why I've sought out Project Linus and other projects which will rear their heads here when we get rolling on them.

I was out and about a lot today. Still, a simple deed:

The project:
Bring in grocery carts while heading into and out of the store - it just so happened there were older ladies unloading their carts into their trunks in the blue parking spots. I offered to take one on my way in. Another was unloading as I came out of the store, so I returned hers with mine.

Time:Negligible

Why bother?
A super simple task that didn't even take me out of my way, but probably saved these ladies a couple of minutes and added footsteps their movement and placards indicated may have been an added challenge.

Worth it?
Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a free country. Exercise your right to free speech here -->