"If there’s a world here in a hundred years, it’s going to be saved by tens of millions of little things. The powers-that-be can break up any big thing they want. They can corrupt it or co-opt it from the inside, or they can attack it from the outside. But what are they going to do about 10 million little things? They break up two of them, and three more like them spring up!"
- Pete Seeger, in YES! Magazine

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hold a Baby While His Parents Catch a Bite

The project:
While out to dinner with friends we haven't seen in an age, I volunteered to hold the 4-month-old while his parents relaxed a LITTLE bit and enjoyed their meal for awhile.

Time:
20 minutes or so

Why bother?
I was never a baby person, 'til I had my own. Now babies and I enjoy mutual admiration. A funny thing about babies, no matter how small, they seem to know when dinner time is, and they're not afraid to distract their parents from the meal set before them. And parents of infants seldom eat in peace. I thought I'd offer an extra set of hands and a funny face to keep him distracted, if only for a short rest for the parents, and certainly a baby fix for me.

Worth it?
Absolutely. What a cutie! So cuddly, and smiles from baby and parents alike were my reward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a free country. Exercise your right to free speech here -->