"If there’s a world here in a hundred years, it’s going to be saved by tens of millions of little things. The powers-that-be can break up any big thing they want. They can corrupt it or co-opt it from the inside, or they can attack it from the outside. But what are they going to do about 10 million little things? They break up two of them, and three more like them spring up!"
- Pete Seeger, in YES! Magazine

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Homeowners Association Secretary Duties

First of all, I've been on this board for three years now. I'd like to be off, but of the more than 100 property owners represented by the association, only three of us have been willing to serve these past few years. It's a sign of the times, I suppose, but disappointing nonetheless. Currently I serve as secretary.

The project:
Mock up, print out and post fliers calling for new board members as the annual election approaches.

Time:
45 minutes

Why bother?
First, it's my duty as the secretary of the board. Second, our president is moving to Hawaii, and the other two of us would really like to focus our efforts elsewhere. We've given back to our neighborhood. Now it's someone else's turn. (Not sounding very charitable, am I? But seriously, it's someone else's turn.)

Worth it?
Not what I wanted to be doing today, but it had to be done. I hope it pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a free country. Exercise your right to free speech here -->