"If there’s a world here in a hundred years, it’s going to be saved by tens of millions of little things. The powers-that-be can break up any big thing they want. They can corrupt it or co-opt it from the inside, or they can attack it from the outside. But what are they going to do about 10 million little things? They break up two of them, and three more like them spring up!"
- Pete Seeger, in YES! Magazine

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shared Aquatic Knowlege

The project:
Teach fellow swimmers how to do flip turns (aka "the somersault thingy" swimmers do when they reach the walls and have to turn around)

Time:
15 minutes

Why bother?
I was squeezing in a workout at the local pool. Two guys in the next lane waved me down and asked me to show them how. Why not?

Worth it?
Yes.
It was a fun distraction from the mundane workout I'd planned for myself. Sharing boosted my energy and made the rest of the workout more fun, and they continued practicing and cracking themselves up even after I left the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a free country. Exercise your right to free speech here -->