"If there’s a world here in a hundred years, it’s going to be saved by tens of millions of little things. The powers-that-be can break up any big thing they want. They can corrupt it or co-opt it from the inside, or they can attack it from the outside. But what are they going to do about 10 million little things? They break up two of them, and three more like them spring up!"
- Pete Seeger, in YES! Magazine

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Confession - I Slept, and Relaxed, and Slept More

The project:
Today I took care of myself. I had a true day of rest. Charitable to no one but myself, unless you count reading to my kids. :)

Time:
Pretty much all day.

Why bother?
I can't tell you when I had a day where I was so plain lazy. Today, I didn't do much for anyone else. I didn't do any chores of note. I didn't try to leave the house. I slept in, played with my children, took a nap, read to my daughters, sprawled on the couch and read to myself (WOW...my magazine stack is overflowing its basket), watched a movie with my husband and went to bed at (gasp!) a decent hour.

Worth it?
AB-so-LUTE-ly! I really should do that more often! (But I always feel like there's so much that needs to be done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a free country. Exercise your right to free speech here -->